Diagram Of A Potentiometer
If it helps think of a potentiometer as a dimmer switch.
Diagram of a potentiometer. The component is an implementation of the. A potentiometer is a three terminal resistor with a sliding or rotating contact that forms an adjustable voltage divider. A potentiometer is a resistor that has a mechanical shaft or screw that can be turned to change its resistance.
If only two terminals are used one end and the wiper it acts as a variable resistor or rheostat. The measuring instrument called a potentiometer is essentially a voltage divider used for measuring electric potential voltage. The terminal 2 is connected to the wiper.
In the circuit diagram shown below the terminals of the potentiometer are marked 1 2 and 3. The two schematic symbols for a potentiometer are shown below. The voltage supply is connected across terminals 1 and 3 positive lead to terminal one while negative lead to terminal three.
Two terminals the blue and green are connected to a resistive element and the third terminal the black one is connected to an adjustable wiper. Draw a schematic diagram showing a potentiometer being used as a simple variable resistor for varying current to a light bulb. Generally the wiper position is at the middle switch when the digital potentiometer off.
The potentiometer is a handy little component that you really should know how to use. The circuit requires a 10k pot. How does a potentiometer work.
We have a resistive track whose complete resistance will be equal to the rated resistance value of the pot. The diagram shows the parts present inside a potentiometer. Also designate which way the wiper should be moved to make the bulb glow brighter.
- 2005 Honda Accord Lx Fuse Box Diagram
- 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Fuse Box Diagram
- 2006 Honda Civic Fuse Diagram
- 2006 Ford F150 Fuse Box Diagram
- 2006 Dodge Magnum Fuse Box Diagram
- 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Fuse Diagram
- 2006 Ford Taurus Engine Diagram
- 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Interior Fuse Diagram
- 2006 Kia Optima Engine Diagram
- 2006 Hummer H3 Parts Diagrams
- 2006 Nissan Altima Under Hood Fuse Box Diagram
- 2006 Toyota 4runner Parts Diagram
- 2005 Ford Taurus Serpentine Belt Diagram
- 2006 Toyota Sienna Parts Diagram
- 2005 Ford Transit Fuse Box Diagram
- 2005 Subaru Outback Wiring Diagram
- 2006 Honda Odyssey Serpentine Belt Diagram
- 2006 Ford E250 Fuse Panel Diagram
- 2006 Vw Jetta Radio Wiring Diagram
- 2006 Ford Mustang V6 Fuse Box Diagram