Diagram Of Hand Bones And Joints
The 8 bones that create the wrist.
Diagram of hand bones and joints. The forearm s ulna and radius support the many muscles that manipulate the bones of the hand and wrist. Articular cartilage is smooth and slick which enables very smooth and pain free motion. These bones are the most proximal ones i e.
Because it has many bones the hand also contains a lot of cartilage connective tissue that pads bones as they come together at joints. There are synovial joints between the carpal bones in the wrist. A membranous band the flexor retinaculum spans between the medial and lateral edges of the arch forming the carpal tunnel.
While learning about how many bones in hand you should also know about disorders of the band bones. The large number of bones in the hand and wrist makes for a large number of joints too. The bones of the hands are a marvel in terms of their structural strength and ability to carry out complex movements.
The thumb doesn t. They are present as a set of eight irregular shaped bones in two distinct rows proximal and distal. The 5 bones that compose the middle part of the hand.
However various disorders may impair their functionality. The interphalangeal joints of the hand are synovial hinge joints that span between the proximal middle and distal phalanges of the hand. In digits 2 5 these joints can be further classified based on which bones are involved.
The proximal interphalangeal joint pipj or pij is located between the proximal and middle phalanges while the distal. Numerous muscles ligaments tendons and sheaths can be found within the hand. The joint surfaces where the bones meet are covered with articular cartilage.
- Free Automotive Wiring Diagrams
- Foxtrot Dance Steps Diagram
- Ford Taurus Parts Diagram
- Ford Trailer Wiring Diagram
- Fpso Process Flow Diagram Pdf
- Ford F250 Fuse Diagram
- Ford Wiring Diagram
- Formal Table Setting Diagram
- Ford Focus Wire Diagram
- Free Body Diagram Inclined Plane
- Ford Territory Rear Suspension Diagram
- Ford F250 Trailer Wiring Diagram
- Fossil Fuels Diagram
- Ford Focus 2006 Fuse Box Diagram
- Forklift Diagram
- Fortrat Diagram
- Free Body Diagram Centripetal Force
- Free Body Diagram Equations
- Ford Fiesta 2001 Fuse Box Diagram
- Free Body Diagram Definition In Physics