Greek Amphitheatre Diagram
Skene where the show is performed it is placed in a position where everyone in the amphitheatre will be able to see.
Greek amphitheatre diagram. Skene building used as a dressing room e. Greek for viewing place the theatron held the spectators who either stood or sat as they watched dramas. Diagram of theater a.
Theatron where the audience sits b. Greek tragedies and comedies were always performed in outdoor theatres. One of these festivals was called the city dionysia.
It s famous for incredible acoustics as demonstrated in this clip where the. The major components of greek theatre are labelled on the diagram above. Parados entrance exit to the theater used by actors chorus.
It was a level space where the chorus would dance sing and interact with the actors who were on the stage near the skene. Amphitheatre also spelled amphitheater freestanding building of round or more often oval shape with a central area the arena and seats concentrically placed around it the word is greek meaning theatre with seats on all sides but as an architectural form the amphitheatre is of italic or etrusco campanian origin and reflects the requirements of the specific forms of entertainment. Greek theatre taormina sicily wikimedia commons the festival of dionysus.
The city state of athens which became a significant cultural political and military power during this period was its centre where the theatre was institutionalised as part of a festival called the dionysia which honoured the god dionysus. It was a festival of entertainment held in honor of the god of wine and fertility dionysus and featured competitions in music singing dance and poetry. Orchestra altar where the chorus would sing and dance as well as interact with the actors on the skene.
Orchestra the stage. The orchestra literally dancing space was normally circular. Earlier spectators mostly stood or sat on cushions or boards but later theatres often had stone seats.
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Fuse Box Diagram
- 2 Way Dimmer Switch Wiring Diagram
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Steering Diagram
- 2000 Bmw 323i Parts Diagram
- 2 Lights 2 Switches Diagram
- 2000 Ford Explorer Fuse Box Diagram
- 2 Pole 3 Wire Grounding Diagram
- 2000 Jeep Wrangler Wiring Diagram
- 2000 Chrysler Town And Country Fuse Box Diagram
- 2000 Ford Contour Fuse Box Diagram
- 200 Amp Service Panel Diagram
- 2000 Ford Focus Fuse Diagram
- 2000 Ford Explorer Fuse Diagram
- 2 Stroke Pv Diagram
- 2000 Chevy Silverado Radio Wiring Diagram
- 2000 Ford F150 Fuse Diagram
- 2000 Jeep Wrangler Front Suspension Diagram
- 2000 Ford F150 Stereo Wiring Diagram
- 2000 Chevy Malibu Wiring Diagram
- 2 Pole Relay Wiring Diagram