Learn vocabulary terms and more with flashcards games and other study tools.
Quadriceps diagram. They originate at the ilium upper part of the pelvis or hipbone and femur thighbone come together in a tendon surrounding the patella kneecap and insert at are attached to the tibia shinbone. The quadriceps femoris is a group of muscles located in the front of the thigh. The quadriceps are a group of four muscles that sit on the anterior or front aspect of the thigh.
They are the vastus medialis intermedius and lateralis and finally the rectus femoris. The quadriceps femoris ˈ k w ɒ d r ɪ s ɛ p s ˈ f ɛ m ər ɪ s also called the quadriceps extensor quadriceps or quads is a large muscle group that includes the four prevailing muscles on the front of the thigh. The quadriceps attach to the front of the tibia and originate at the top of the femur.
It is the great extensor muscle of the knee forming a large fleshy mass which covers the front and sides of the femur the name derives from latin four headed muscle of. The quadriceps femoris muscle translates to four headed muscle from latin. Quadriceps femoris muscle musculus quadriceps femoris the quadriceps femoris muscle commonly known as the quad muscle is the strongest muscle of the human body it is located in the anterior compartment of the thigh together with the sartorius.
The latin translation of quadriceps is four headed as the group contains four separate muscles.
- Venn Diagram Of Number Sets
- Venn Diagram Complement
- Venn Diagram Mutually Exclusive
- Venn Diagram Math
- Venn Diagram For Mitosis And Meiosis
- Venn Diagram Examples Math
- Venn Diagram Example
- Venn Diagram Maker 2 Circles
- Venn Diagram Of Eukaryotic And Prokaryotic Cells
- Venn Diagram Of Transcription And Translation
- Venn Diagram Generator
- Venn Diagram Four Circles
- Venn Diagram Printable Worksheet
- Venn Diagram Generator Free
- Venn Diagram Of Ionic And Covalent Bonds
- Venn Diagram Of Plant Cell And Animal Cell
- Venn Diagram Generator Meme
- Venn Diagram Logic Problems Worksheets
- Venn Diagram Powerpoint
- Venn Diagram Of Prokaryotic And Eukaryotic Cells